The Board of Management has eight members: two members nominated by the Patron, two members elected by the parents, the School Principal and a teacher elected by the staff. These six members then nominate two other members from the wider community. The term of office for the Board is just over four years. The function of the Board is to govern the school, including policy formation and implementation, appoint staff (subject to the Minister’s and the Patron’s approval). The Board must, at all times, comply with legislation, the Rules for National schools, the Constitution of Boards of Management and directives from the Department of Education and Science.
A new Board of Management was put in place in December 2019.Elections for parents and teacher representatives took place during November 2019.
Our Board of Management comprises of:
- Two Patron’s nominees – Mrs Mary B. O’Reilly and Fr. Kevin O’Sullivan P.P.
- Two parents’ representatives – Mrs Gráinne Keary & Mr Patrick O’Connell
- The teachers’ representative – Mrs Elaine Kelliher Principal and Mrs Elaine Caulfield
- Two community representatives – Mrs Noreen O’Keeffe and Tomás Hayes
- The Principal: Ms Elaine Kelliher
- Class Teachers – Ms Lisa Nolan Falvey, Ms Colgan, Mrs Joy, Ms Kenny, Ms O’ Sullivan, Mr Corkery,
- ASD Class – Ms Moriarty
- Special Education Needs Team – Ms Murphy, Ms Caulfield and Ms Kelliher
- Special Needs Assistants – Mrs Geraldine O Riordan, Ms Breda Griffin, Ms Lisa Marie Clifford, Ms Kate O’Shea, Ms Amanda Naughton and Mr James Murphy.
- Secretary – Mrs Angela Teahan